A content/blog/krunner-plugins.md => content/blog/krunner-plugins.md +11 -0
@@ 0,0 1,11 @@
title = "On Writing KRunner Plugins"
draft = true
## KRunner DBus
### DBus API Error
## DBus Service
A content/blog/neovim_plugin_in_rust.md => content/blog/neovim_plugin_in_rust.md +27 -0
@@ 0,0 1,27 @@
title = "Writing a Neovim Plugin in Rust"
date = 2020-06-24
draft = true
Recently, I've been trying to use Neovim as my main editor again.
Two years ago I used Neovim as my main editor for a few months, but I
eventually switched back to other editors/IDEs for various reasons.
Mainly that I couldn't get completions, especially for Rust, working well.
This time however, [coc.nvim](https://github.com/neoclide/coc.nvim)
exist and work pretty nicely. I still haven't gotten them quite
how I want but I'm hopeful.
Last time I tried Neovim I installed a lot of plugins and I think it diminished
the experience. This time I'm trying to be more deliberate with my choices. I
decided that I didn't want to install a big git plugin, because I do almost all
of my git with the git cli. However I did want to display my current branch in
my status line. I also didn't want to use a status line plugin like airline.
I did some Googleing and I found people suggesting to put a git command in my
status line. This worked but I noticed that my editor slowed down a fair bit.
Specifically I had an issue with flicking in coc's menus.
So I decided to write my own plugin to get the current git branch. This might
have not been the most rational choice, but what's to point of a project if
it's not a least a little cursed.