@@ 1,42 1,45 @@
Hosting service for collaboration between composers, performers
and sound engeneers.
Hosting service for music collaboration between composers, performers and sound
Doujinshi is a japanese word meaning magazines published as a cooperative
effort by a group of individuals who share a common ideology or goals
with the aim of establishing a medium through which their work can be
presented. Doujin is a word that generalises this concept to other
fields. Doujin basically means any group of people with same interest
producing something to public. Doujin can be applied to music
collectives, for example:
*Doujinshi* is the Japanese term for self-published works such as magazines,
manga or novels. These artists often work outside the mainstream industry,
therefore they collectively aim at establishing a vehicle to present their
*Doujin* generalizes this concept to other fields. In other words, it's a term
for a group that shares similar interests. A manifestation of the concept in
music is examplified by
## How it works
1. Composer creates a music project and add a sheet music
2. Performers play a composer's music, record it and upload audio files
3. Sound engeneers try to bring all audio files into one piece and do
post processing, then they upload final product.
4. Composition is done by a collaborative effort and available under
free cultural work license.
Musical pieces are composed collaboratively and available under a free cultural
1. Composers write pices of music in musical notation;
2. Performers play, record and upload the audio files;
3. Sound engineers bring the audio files together into one piece.
1. Upload score
2. Record score on real instruments by one track at time
3. Mix into one track and get final product
4. Share with friends
1. Upload sheet music
- Sheet Music
- Lily Pond
- Tracker music formats
- Raw audio
- Choose license for score, audio tracks & final result
- Choose a license for the sheet music, audio tracks and final result
## Getting Started
You need [guix](https://guix.gnu.org) package manager installed.
Requires the [guix](https://guix.gnu.org) package manager installed. You can
install it on a foreign GNU/Linux distro following [these
git clone https://git.sr.ht/~w96k/doujinhub
@@ 46,18 49,18 @@ flask run
This project is under active development. Potencially it is not
limited to music production only. Things that will be done located at
todo tracker: https://todo.sr.ht/~w96k/doujinhub
This project is under active development. Its scope isn't limited to music
Have a look at the [todo tracker](https://todo.sr.ht/~w96k/doujinhub).
under free license and librejs compatible. Also by choosing python a
programming languge I'll try to have as simple codebase as possible.
free licenses and will be LibreJS compatible.
Project uses GNU coding guidelines.
This project uses the GNU coding guidelines.
Any donation is apprecieted: https://liberapay.com/w96k/donate
[Donations are appreciated](https://liberapay.com/w96k/donate).