- Gentoo :: A flexible, source-based Linux distribution that becomes just
about any system you need—and much more. You can choose what you want to
install with a package.
- Anything(installation, development environment, overlay or others) about
it can be fountd on its [[http://wiki.gentoo.org/][*wiki*]].
- [[id:746a0cc6-f0c7-4ff0-a1c8-d3d7779ca44a][NixOS]] :: NixOS is a Linux distribution with a unique approach to package and
configuration management. Built on top of the Nix package manager, it is
completely declarative, makes upgrading systems reliable, and has many
- Kali :: Kali Linux Advanced Web Attacks and Exploitation
- qubes os :: A reasonably secure operating system
Both NixOS and Gentoo are my love. And the archlinux's wiki is the best wiki I
think. Other distributions are used for special usage in virtual machine.
Linux tools can be checked in shell and other topics as well.
- xterm ::
- urxvt ::
- termonad :: Terminal emulator configurable in Haskell.
- alacritty :: use gpu for terminal
- darktile :: Darktile is a GPU rendered terminal emulator designed for
tiling window managers.
- Qemu ::
- libvirt ::
- qira :: QEMU Interactive Runtime Analyser
- Virtualbox ::
- Parallel ::
- [[https://github.com/foxlet/macOS-Simple-KVM][macOS-Simple-KVM]] :: Tools to set up a quick macOS VM in QEMU, accelerated
- Docker ::
- podman ::
- [[https://github.com/hpcng/singularity][singularity]] :: Singularity is an open source container platform designed to
be simple, fast, and secure. Singularity is optimized for compute focused
enterprise and HPC workloads, allowing untrusted users to run untrusted
containers in a trusted way.
** Windows Manager
- XMonad :: A tiling window manager, written in haskell. You can configure it a lot.
- xmonad-contrib :: Third party tiling algorithms, configurations and scripts to xmonad, a tiling window manager for X.
- xmonad-extra :: Various modules for xmonad that cannot be added to xmonad-contrib because of additional dependencies.
- [[https://github.com/taffybar/taffybar][system info bar]]
- waymonad :: A wayland compositor based on ideas from and inspired by xmonad
- [[https://www.slant.co/topics/390/~best-window-managers-for-linux][more]] ::
- sddm ::
- [[https://github.com/MarianArlt/sddm-chili][chili]] :: A beatiful theme without kde dependencies.
- [[https://github.com/MarianArlt/sddm-sugar-dark][sugar]] ::
- [[https://github.com/RadRussianRus/sddm-slice][slice]] ::
- [[https://github.com/Rokin05/SDDM-Themes][Rokin05/SDDM-Themes]] ::
- i3lock ::
- i3lock-color :: A rewrite with more customizing feature.
- i3lock-fancy ::
- betterlockscreen ::
- sflock ::
- light-locker ::
- lightdm :: dm-tools lock
- xscreensaver ::
- xidlehook :: a replacement for xautolock.
- freerdp :: rdp protocol remote connectiing util. This can connect to
windows. On linux, you have to open a service first.
- tigervnc :: vnc protocol to connect.
- remmina :: Multiple protocol supporting client.
- nomachine :: server and client, self protocol
- rdesktop ::
- inxi :: system states, such as cpu, memory and etc
- [[https://www.criu.org/Main_Page][CRIU]] :: Checkpoint/Restore In Userspace, or CRIU (pronounced kree-oo, IPA:
/krɪʊ/, Russian: криу), is a Linux software. It can freeze a running
container (or an individual application) and checkpoint its state to
disk. The data saved can be used to restore the application and run it
exactly as it was during the time of the freeze. Using this functionality,
application or container live migration, snapshots, remote debugging, and
many other things are now possible.
- [[https://github.com/facebookincubator/below][below]] :: A time traveling resource monitor for modern Linux systems
- [[https://github.com/haampie/libtree][libtree]] :: ldd as a tree
- bpftrace :: High-level tracing language for Linux eBPF
- inkscape ::
- gimp ::
- krita :: digital painting
- pavucontrol ::
- pulseeffects ::
- kid3 ::
- audacity ::
- ffmpeg ::
- inkscape :: vector graphics
- gimp :: image Manipulation Program
- kid3 :: Audio Tagger
- mpd :: Music player daemon
- more :: see [[id:0d5835dd-8113-4721-92d2-4bc4d5a37ffc][media]]
- [[https://gitlab.com/screenkey/screenkey][screenkey]] :: print the key on screen when you click.
- [[https://maoschanz.github.io/drawing/][drawing]] :: Simple image editor for Linux
- zathura :: pdf reader
- more :: see [[id:e72ff155-eb79-44ca-8f3e-d9494bb1151e][text]]
- netdata :: system resource monitor
- [[https://oguzhaninan.github.io/Stacer-Web/][stacer]] :: Stacer is an open source system optimizer and application monitor
that helps users to manage entire system with different aspects, its an all
in one system utility.
- [[https://github.com/prometheus/prometheus][prometheus]] :: Prometheus, a Cloud Native Computing Foundation project, is a
systems and service monitoring system. It collects metrics from configured
targets at given intervals, evaluates rule expressions, displays the
results, and can trigger alerts if some condition is observed to be true.
- [[https://osquery.io/][osquery]] :: Performant endpoint visibility
- [[https://www.elastic.co/cn/products/logstash][logstas]] :: transport and process your logs, events, or other data
- elk ::
- [[https://logz.io/][logz]] :: AI-Powered ELK as a Service
- [[https://logentries.com/][logntries]] :: The Fastest Way to Analyze Your Log Data No complex setup. No waiting. Just answers.
- OpenStack :: What is OpenStack? OpenStack is a cloud operating system that controls large pools of compute, storage, and networking resources throughout a datacenter, all managed through a dashboard that gives administrators control while empowering their users to provision resources through a web interface.
- grafana ::
- fail2ban :: scans log files and bans IPs that show malicious signs
- [[https://github.com/senorprogrammer/wtf][senorprogrammer/wtf]] :: personal
- sysprof ::
- perf tools :: from kernel, which can bench and record cpu and ram usages
- [[https://github.com/H-M-H/Weylus][Weylus]] :: Use your tablet as graphic tablet/touch screen on your computer.
- [[https://github.com/pavlobu/deskreen][deskreen]] :: Deskreen turns any device with a web browser into a secondary screen for your computer
- [[https://github.com/learnbyexample/Command-line-text-processing][CLI]] ::
- [[https://linuxcommand.org][linuxcommand.org]] ::
- [[https://wizardzines.com/zines/bite-size-linux/][bite size linux]] :: Confused about what a system call is? Heard the term
“file descriptor” but not sure what it means? This zine is for you!! It has
19 important Linux concepts, each explained with a simple 1-page comic.
- [[https://wizardzines.com/][bite size tutor]] :: Our best-selling collection of zines! You can either buy
them individually (for $10-$12 each), or get the whole collection.
- KISS Principle :: [[https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KISS_principle][keep it simple and silly]], [[https://web.archive.org/web/20210126090054/https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KISS_principle][archive]]
- [[https://futurist.se/gldt/][distribution timeline]] ::
** Kernal patch
- [[https://github.com/zen-kernel/zen-kernel][zen]] ::
- other :: see gentoo hardened wiki
- [[https://0xax.gitbooks.io/linux-insides/content/][linux inside]] :: The goal is simple - to share my modest knowledge about the
insides of the linux kernel and help people who are interested in linux
kernel insides, and other low-level subject matter. Feel free to go through
the book Start here
- [[ https://openbenchmarking.org/test/pts/build-linux-kernel
][compile time on different cpu]] :: this can be a guide to the cpu performance.