@@ 702,15 702,17 @@ operator delete(ptr, file,line); // vector delete
### No Warranty
- I have tried to do as good a job as I can on this software, but I doubt that
it is even theoretically possible to make it bug-free.
### NO WARRANTY
- This software has **_NO WARRANTY_**.
- See the [license](#license) for full details.
- Much effort has been expended to ensure the correctness and reliability
of **DUMA**, however, it is not theoretically possible to make software
of this nature ***bug-free***.
- It will _not_ detect some bugs that you might expect it to detect, and may
indicate that some non-bugs _are_ bugs.
- **DUMA** may _not_ detect some bugs that you could expect it to detect;
likewise, it may also indicate that some **non-bugs** _are_ bugs.
@@ 729,11 731,12 @@ operator delete(ptr, file,line); // vector delete
- Explanation of alignment issues could be improved.
- Some **Sun** systems running **SunOS** **4.1** were reported to signal an
access to a protected page with `SIGBUS` rather than `SIGSEGV` - I suspect
this is an undocumented feature of a particular Sun hardware version, not just
the operating system. On these systems, `dumatest` will fail with a bus error
until you modify the Makefile to define `PAGE_PROTECTION_VIOLATED_SIGNAL` as
access to a protected page with `SIGBUS` rather than `SIGSEGV`. This is
most likely an undocumented "*feature*" of particular *Sun* hardware
versions, and not an operating system anomaly.
- On these systems **DUMA** tests will fail with a *bus error* unless the
`Makefile` is modified to define `PAGE_PROTECTION_VIOLATED_SIGNAL`