#Steps to release a new Fennel version
This document is intended for Fennel maintainers.
- Make sure tests pass for all versions of Lua using
- Update and date the changelog.
- Update version number in
- Check for changes which need to be mentioned in help text or man page.
- Create rockspec by copying an old rockspec. Make sure luarocks version
matches the file name exactly and the tarball URL is updated.
- Update the download links in
- Commit above changes.
git tag -s $VERSION -m $VERSION.
git push && git push --tags.
make release VERSION=$VERSION.
- Update the submodule in the fennel-lang.org repository.
Announce it on the mailing list. Fennel is now released!
- Bump the version in
src/fennel.fnl to the next version with a "-dev" suffix.
- Add a stub for the next version to