@@ 63,23 63,7 @@ you want to use a newer version that has come out.
If you already use a package manager on your system, you may be
able to use it to install Fennel. See [the
wiki](https://github.com/bakpakin/Fennel/wiki/Packaging) for a list of
systems which offer Fennel.
[LuaRocks](https://luarocks.org/) is one such package manager that is
specific to packages written in Lua; it can be used to install Fennel.
1. Ensure the `~/.luarocks/bin` directory is added to your shell's `$PATH`.
2. Run one of the following commands:
- `luarocks --local install fennel` to install locally (recommended)
- `luarocks install fennel` to install system-wide (requires root or admin)
3. Run `fennel --help` to confirm the installation succeeded.
**Note:** When using `luarocks` with `--local`, you'll need to ensure
you have a `$PATH` which contains the LuaRocks `bin/` directory. You can add
`eval $(luarocks path --bin)` to your shell's init file to do this. See the
[LuaRocks path docs](https://github.com/luarocks/luarocks/wiki/path)
for more information.
packaging systems which offer Fennel.
## Embedding Fennel