Massive cleanup in preparation for 0.30 (#25)
* Only use environment variable to configure the application.
In order to simplify deployment on containerized or 12-factor centric
environment (such as Docker or Heroku) where writing configuration
file is not preferrable.
We also prefer to have only a single way to configure application,
which means Pyramid-style ini configurations are now dropped in favor
for environment variable.
* Refactor post utils into post filters
Akismet, DNSBL and proxy checking are now refactored into a 'filter'
which can be easily extended.
* Replaced Beaker with PyNaCl-based session storage.
This change switched session storage from Memcached-based session
storage to a cookie-based session storage with strong encryption
* Replaced app-specific settings with setting model.
Application specific settings are now stored in the database instead
of configuration file as these configurations are not required
for running the app and may require a bit more complicate data
* Add services layer
We've added services layer and successfully migrated the application
to use services rather than calling components directly. This change
will make it easier to extend as well as optimizing the application
in the future.
This change also allowed us to remove complexity from model, such as
that post-commit hooks are now done within the services layer.
Caching is also implemented in some services, such as settings.
* Explicitly setting up routes.
We will add authentication and authorization, which requires
flexibility on the routing configuration, which means the helper in
its current form is no longer preferrable.
* Use Pyramid native CSRF implementation.
We have now switched to Pyramid's native CSRF implementation instead
of using home-grown SecureForm. This change resulted in a simplified
form handling throughout the application.
* Replaced fb2 maintenance scripts.
As we will have a proper admin interface, these scripts are no
longer necessary and its usage are discouraged. Due to this, we are
dropping all the maintenance scripts in favor for a more specific
* Remove PyCharm-style type annotations.
To be replaced with Python 3.5-style type annotations in order to
incorporate type checking with MyPy.
* Consolidate assets directory for concerns separation.
Move all assets-related files into assets/ so it's clear that which
files are responsible for compiling assets (and thus purgable after
assets are compiled when building images).
* Convert JsonType field to native JSON field.
SQLALchemy has since supported the native JSON field in PostgreSQL
and it is no longer necessary to use our own implementation of JSON
field that was a wrapper over Text.
* Cleanup migration files
Styling fixes per Flake8.
* Update dependencies.
Make sure dependencies are up-to-date.