hg.sr.ht migration plan
- Build & install the new server (sakuya1) as VM host gen 2
- Announce planned outage a week in advance
- Spin up an hg.sr.ht stack and restore from the last backup. This is a
good opportunity to test our backups in action.
- Test everything!
- Set up pgbouncer on hg.sr.ht¹
- Await planned outage date
- Set hg.sr.ht¹ to read-only mode (via pgbouncer, probably, and disable
the hg SSH login account)
- rsync any changes which have occured between steps 3 and 6 to
- Cut DNS over to hg.sr.ht² and monitor as users get transferred over
- Disable cronjobs on hg.sr.ht¹
- Monitor hg.sr.ht¹ and shut it off when traffic is more or less done
- Remove backup credentials for hg.sr.ht¹ from konapku.sr.ht
- Wait 2 weeks and then decommission hg.sr.ht¹
Things to double check on hg.sr.ht²:
- Is monitoring working? Double check node exporter
- Are backups working?
- Are ZFS snapshots being taken correctly?
- Are ZFS scrubs being run? Double check on the 1st