M scdoc.1.scd => scdoc.1.scd +4 -6
@@ 2,18 2,16 @@ # NAME
- scdoc - tool for generating *roff*(7) manual pages
+ scdoc - generate *man*(7) manual pages
- *scdoc* < _input_ > _output_
+ *scdoc* < _input_
- scdoc is a tool designed to make the process of writing man pages more
- friendly. It reads scdoc syntax from stdin and writes roff to stdout, suitable
- for reading with *man*(1). For a description of the syntax of scdoc source
- files, see *scdoc*(5).
+ The scdoc utility reads *scdoc*(5) syntax from the standard input and writes
+ *man*(7) style roff to the standard output.
# SEE ALSO
M scdoc.5.scd => scdoc.5.scd +1 -1
@@ 14,7 14,7 @@ *name*(_section_) ["left\_footer" ["center\_header"]]
- The *name* is the name of the man page you are writing, and _section_ is the
+ *name* is the name of the man page you are writing, and _section_ is the
section you're writing for (see *man*(1) for information on manual sections).
_left\_footer_ and _center\_header_ are optional arguments which set the text