Please read this ticket before opening up a new issue:
- Feature requests will be ignored. I am not getting paid enough
for MaraDNS to develop features (actually, I am not getting paid for
MaraDNS at all; in fact, it’s a net loss for me because I pay for
maradns.samiam.org hosting out of pocket)
- MaraDNS is not bug-for-bug identical to BIND when resolving poorly
configured domains. See https://github.com/samboy/MaraDNS/issues/31
- Asking for anything specified in an RFC that came out after 2010 is
a feature request; MaraDNS was frozen in 2010 and I am not getting paid
enough to be current with newer RFCs.
- Distribution specific issues should not be filed here. Please contact
the support team for the Linux distribution you are using if using a
package from that distribution to install MaraDNS.
- Support requests should not be filed here. RTFM—read the f!@#$
manual! If the manual does not answer your question, STFW: Search the !@#$
web! If that does not answer your question, UTSL: Use the Source Luke.
- Legitimate bug reports may or may not be handled.
- Security bug reports will probably be handled. If the issue is one
that you wish to keep confidential, please open up a ticket here
in Github; make sure your Github profile has contact information
or include contact information in the bug report. But really, you
won’t find that kind of security bug in MaraDNS: MaraDNS has been
around for nearly two decades and no one has ever found a bug in it
which should have been kept confidential before I patched it (see
- Spam disguised as a MaraDNS issue will be deleted. If the ticket does
not mention MaraDNS, I will assume the ticket is robot-generated spam,
and will both delete and report the ticket.
I have a mortgage to pay and a family to care for (I had neither when
I started MaraDNS back in 2001). That in mind, I need to devote time
either to my family or to activities which will help support my family. I
plain simply have very little free time (it took me nearly a month to
find three hours free to watch the latest Star Wars movie), and I am not
about to waste that free time implementing whatever feature request you
want for free. TANSTAAFL: There ain’t no such thing as a free lunch.
Thank you for your understanding.