@@ 84,15 84,13 @@ repository. This section describes just that.
**User** services enabled with `systemctl enable --user <service name here>` :
- `bluetooth.service` (optional)
- `NetworkManager.service` (likely already enabled)
In order to utilize the HHKB's power key to show the power menu the logind config file
must be modified to include
@@ 112,12 110,12 @@ and the service reloaded with
The last step is optional, but without it ufw does clutter the systemd logs quite a bit.
## LightDM & Xorg
### LightDM & Xorg
The config is present in `~/.config/lightdm/lightdm-mini-greeter.conf`. We will link it
to the system-wide location shortly, but first:
### ⚠️ Warning ⚠️
#### ⚠️ Warning ⚠️
The greeter in use is the [LightDM mini
greeter](https://github.com/prikhi/lightdm-mini-greeter). It requires specifying the
@@ 214,7 212,6 @@ name = "<your name here>"
downloads-dir="<download dir here>"
signature-delimiter = "-- \n"
signature="<your name here>"
notify-cmd = "notify-send '<sender>' '<subject>'"
default = true
@@ 234,8 231,8 @@ imap-passwd-cmd = "gpg -d <your home directory>/.config/himalaya/pass.gpg"
And prepare the password file
echo "<your password here>" > ~/.config/himalaya/passw
gpg -e ~/.config/himalaya/passw
echo "<your password here>" > ~/.config/himalaya/pass
gpg -e ~/.config/himalaya/pass
@@ 243,18 240,18 @@ rm ~/.config/himalaya/passw
Some GUI programs choose to keep absolutely everything in their config files - including
useless stuff like last window position, geometry etc. Also I am pretty sure that (in
the case of Thunar at least) there is a binary database _somewhere_, because simply
the case of Thunar at least) there is a binary database *somewhere*, because simply
editing its XML files often does not work. Therefore we are forced to configure them in
their graphical interfaces.
### Themes and fonts
The UI font (and the mono space font) is JetBrains Mono,
supplemented with [Nerd Font](https://www.nerdfonts.com/) glyphs. GTK+ theme is [Arc
Darker](https://github.com/horst3180/arc-theme) and icon theme is
[Papirus](https://github.com/PapirusDevelopmentTeam/papirus-icon-theme). The cursor
theme is [Breeze Snow](https://www.gnome-look.org/p/999927/). Set it as system-wide
default by editing
The UI font (and the mono space font) is JetBrains Mono, supplemented with [Nerd
Font](https://www.nerdfonts.com/) glyphs. GTK+ theme is a very dark version of
modified [Materia](https://github.com/nana-4/materia-theme) and icon theme is
[Papirus Dark](https://github.com/PapirusDevelopmentTeam/papirus-icon-theme). The
cursor theme is [Breeze Snow](https://www.gnome-look.org/p/999927/). Set it as
system-wide default by editing
@@ 266,22 263,22 @@ Inherits=Breeze_Snow
The others should be enabled by default after installing the dotfiles. The only
exception is the GTK2 theme, which requires linking to the system-wide location `ln -s
Ensure the following options are ticked under _"Prefernces"_:
Ensure the following options are ticked under *"Preferences"*:
- _"Draw frames around thumbnails"_
- _"Date format: ISO8601"_
- _"Open folders in new tabs on middle click"_
- _"Enable volume management"_
- *"Draw frames around thumbnails"*
- *"Date format: ISO8601"*
- *"Open folders in new tabs on middle click"*
- *"Enable volume management"*
In the volume management settings ensure the following options are ticked:
- _"Mount removable drives when hot-plugged"_
- _"Mount removable media when inserted"_
- *"Mount removable drives when hot-plugged"*
- *"Mount removable media when inserted"*
Issue the following commands to enable some "hidden settings":
@@ 295,9 292,10 @@ xfconf-query --channel thunar --property /misc-image-size-in-statusbar --create
The repository will clone `userChrome.css` and `userContent.css` into
`~/.local/share/firefox-chrome` . To use them perform the following steps:
1. Open Firefox and go to _"about:config"_.
2. Accept the risk and search for _"UserProfileCustomizations"_ . Set it to _"true"_.
3. Accept the risk and search for _"helpers.private_mime_types_file"_ . Set it to _"~/.local/share/firefox-chrome/mime.types"_.
1. Open Firefox and go to *"about:config"*.
2. Accept the risk and search for *"UserProfileCustomizations"* . Set it to *"true"*.
3. Search for *"helpers.private*mime*types*file"* . Set it to
4. Go to `~/.mozilla/firefox/xxxxxxxx.default-release`.
5. Link the cloned chrome folder `ln -s ~/.local/share/firefox-chrome/ chrome` .
6. Restart the browser.