README(7) Miscellaneous Information Manual README(7)
ptim – Pebble Tutorial IMproved watchface
See a screenshot!: screenshot.png
ptim is basically the watchface created in the pebble watchface tutorial:
tutorial-screenshot.png, but with some improvements.
The list of changes consists of:
1. The date is included in the top section
2. The weather display is changed to give high and low temperatures
rather than current conditions.
3. There is a configuration screen to allow the enabling and disabling
of weather, adding an API key, change temperature units, etc.
4. Battery bar and positioning of all elements is fixed on non-classic-
sized displays; i.e. the watchface now works on the Pebble Time
Round and Pebble Time 2 watches.
5. Bluetooth disconnected icon is resized and positioned differently,
in a less obtrusive spot.
I wanted to learn how to write a Pebble watchface, so I followed the
tutorial. I noticed that there were several areas that could've been
improved on and extended, and which probably would've actually made for
good additions to the tutorial. The additional modifications and changes
may be incorporated into my own extension to the pebble tutorials.
The latest ‘.pbw’ binary can be downloaded from
⟨https://nytpu.com/releases/ptim/⟩ without any compilation required.
• The Pebble SDK 4.0:
Note that some special instructions have to be followed on Linux
• One of the following Pebble watches:
• Pebble “Aplite” (Pebble Classic & Pebble Steel)
• Pebble “Basalt” (Pebble Time & Pebble Time Steel)
• Pebble “Chalk” (Pebble Time Round)
• Pebble “Diorite” (Pebble 2)
First, to download dependencies and compile a ‘.pbw’:
The binary can then be found in build/ptim.pbw. To install on an
pebble install --emulator [aplite, basalt, chalk, diorite]
To install on an actual watch via the Developer Connection:
pebble install --phone <phone_ip>
The upstream URL of this project is ⟨https://git.nytpu.com/ptim⟩. Send
suggestions, bugs, and other contributions to <firstname.lastname@example.org>. For help
sending a patch through email, see ⟨https://git-send-email.io⟩.
ptim is Copyright (c) 2021 nytpu <email@example.com>.
ptim is licensed under the terms of the MIT license. For more
information, see LICENSE or ⟨https://spdx.org/licenses/MIT.html⟩.
ptim uses sample code snippets from Pebble's watchface tutorial:
https://github.com/pebble-examples/watchface-tutorial, which is Copyright
(c) 2014 Pebble Technology and is licensed under the terms of the MIT
license. For more information, see LICENSE or
nytpu.com June 16, 2021 nytpu.com