// VERSION: 3.0.0
/* This file provides an implementation of an arena allocator that allows for
* many allocations, which are then freed all at once. It is particularly
* useful for functions with lots of temporary allocations (string parsing and
* modification?) as you don't have to keep track of every little allocation,
* and can instead free all memory used afterwards.
* This implementation is very loosely based off of Zig's arena allocator:
* Copyright (c) 2021 nytpu <alex [at] nytpu.com>
* SPDX-License-Identifier: MPL-2.0
* The orginal source for this file is available at <https://git.sr.ht/~nytpu/arena.c>.
* This Source Code Form is subject to the terms of the Mozilla Public
* License, v. 2.0. If a copy of the MPL was not distributed with this
* file, You can obtain one at <https://mozilla.org/MPL/2.0/>.
// The arena type
typedef struct arena arena;
// Initialize a new arena and return it. Allows you to provide your own
// calloc, realloc, and free implementations. If any of the three function
// pointers are NULL, then the function used will be the default. Returns NULL
// on failure.
void *(*calloc)(size_t, size_t),
void *(*realloc)(void *, size_t),
void (*free)(void *)
// Initialize a new arena and return it. Uses the default allocation functions
// from stdlib.h. Returns NULL on failure.
// Completely free all data in a given arena. Will set *a to NULL to help
// prevent reuse.
void arena_deinit(arena **);
// Clear all allocations in an arena but do not free memory allocated from the
// host system; making an arena suitable for reuse without having to incur
// deallocation and reallocation overhead. The memory IS NOT ZEROED.
void arena_clear(arena *);
// Allocate data of size in an arena. Returns NULL on allocation failure.
// Existing data will not be modified if allocation fails.
void *arena_alloc(arena *, size_t size);
// Sensible default on most modern operating systems, probably don't need to
// change. The page size will be autodetected on POSIX systems and Windows, so
// you also don't need to modify this for those systems either.
#define ARENA_DEFAULT_PAGE_SIZE 4096U
#endif // SMOLLIBS_ARENA_H