@@ 199,13 199,13 @@ If you are in a call, the length of the call will be display adjacent to the tit
## **Screen Lock**
A custom application ([sxmo_screenlock](https://git.sr.ht/~mil/sxmo-utils/tree/master/programs/sxmo_screenlock.c))
enables you to lock the screen so no tap events are processed. This application
also allows you to enter suspend (deep sleep / CRUST). You can activate the
screen lock by tapping the volume raise key three times quickly or holding the
volume raise key down. You will see the Pinephone's blue LED indicator activate.
A ([sxmo_screenlock](https://git.sr.ht/~mil/sxmo-utils/tree/master/scripts/core/sxmo_screenlock.sh)) script
enables you to lock the screen so no tap events are processed, to turn the screen off and preserve battery, and
to enter suspend (deep sleep / CRUST). You can activate the
screen lock by tapping the volume raise button three times quickly or holding it pressed for about three seconds.
You will see the Pinephone's blue LED indicator activate.
The Screenlock has three modes:
The Screenlock has the aforemention three modes, each reflected by a specific LED colour:
- **Screenlock display on mode**: Locks the screen and disables input; but keeps the screen on
- Indicated by blue LED
@@ 214,15 214,18 @@ The Screenlock has three modes:
- **Screenlock deep sleep mode**: Enters CRUST suspend / deep sleep
- Indicated by red LED
Note that if you receive notifications in any of these states, the green LED will be enabled, turning the colour of the
three states to respectively cyan, white or yellow.
While using the Screenlock, only the following bindings apply
(and override the [default dwm button bindings](#strongglobal-ui-controlsstrong)):
- **Volume Raise**:
- **3 taps**: Enter screenlock deep sleep mode
- **Volume Lower**:
- **3 taps**: Toggle between screenlock display on/off mode
- **3 taps**: Exit screen lock
- **Volume Up Button**:
- **3 taps** or **long press**: Enter screenlock deep sleep mode
- **Volume Down Button**:
- **3 taps** or **long press**: Toggle between screenlock display on/off mode
- **Power button**:
- **3 taps** or **long press**: Exit screen lock
When you are in deep sleep mode (entered by tapping volume raise 3 times), you
can exit this mode and restore the above bindings by clicking the powerkey once.
@@ 236,16 239,20 @@ Sxmo ensures that cron jobs works, and will actively wake the phone from sleep t
program called **mnc** to wake the phone up before the next planned cron job. We also wrap some sxmo logic in a
dedicated script called ``sxmo_rtcwake.sh`` which:
- makes the led blink while doing the task
- makes the led blink red/purple while doing the task
- manages the screenlock state while doing the task
- puts the phone back to crust when done
* */15 * * * DISPLAY=:0 sxmo_rtcwake.sh sleep 10
* */15 * * sxmo_rtcwake.sh sleep 10 2>> ~/.cache/sxmo/logs/dwm.log
This example will perform a quick wakeup every 15 minutes. The `DISPLAY` variable here is mandatory to allow the script
to handle screen lock state.
This example will perform a quick wakeup every 15 minutes. You may want to redirect the
standard error output to the main log as shown in the example above. You can pass the ``--strict``
parameter to ``sxmo_rtcwake.sh`` to only run when the phone is indeed in crust mode, otherwise it
will run regardless of the lock state.
If you omit ``sxmo_rtcwake.sh`` for a job, the system will wake up and not go back to crust.
## **Calls and Texting**
@@ 330,6 337,7 @@ When a new text message comes in:
- The vibration motor will trigger rapidly in 3 intervals for 300ms
- The green LED will trigger
If you are in a locked/suspended state the LED may turn cyan, white, yellow
- To view the new text message, refer to the **Texting** section above
@@ 567,6 575,12 @@ Note: `$XDG_CONFIG_HOME` by default is equal to `~/.config`
<p>dwm.log is helpful for debugging if your hooks are not working</p>
<p>contains standard error output from xinit</p>
<td>This log file will save all the terms you've searched for using the youtube script.</td>