Serial port interface for UNI-T UT61E and other multimeters with the ES51922 chip.
- Uses decimals instead of floats for exact representation of measured values.
- Reads measurement unit from the multimeter.
- Uses range info to bring measurements down to a non-prefixed unit
(e.g. always shows A instead of mA).
- Detects corrupted packets and discards them.
- Stamps measurements with a monotonic clock with microsecond resolution.
- Timestamps and units can be omitted in the output.
$ ./es51922-serial.py /dev/ttyUSB0
568001372643789 0.000194 A
568001872601936 0.000194 A
568002372779994 0.000194 A
568002872870679 0.000194 A
568003372731644 0.000194 A
568003872919904 0.000194 A
568004372819470 0.000194 A
568004872363278 0.000195 A
#Unsupported multimeter functions
- Low battery indication (not implemented).
- AC/DC indication (not implemented).
- Frequency and duty cycle measurements in voltage and current modes (ranges not
defined in the datasheet, need to reverse engineer).
- Peak value function (observed weird values when trying to implement).
- REL/Zero measurements (observed weird values when trying to implement).
- Temperature measurement (no way to test, I only have UNI-T UT61E without
- VBAR == high (pertains to temperature and clamp current measurements).
- ADP (pertains to temperature and clamp current measurements).