Waveshaper is an analog distortion processor. It performs clipping and
nothing else, but gives the user lots of control over the amplitude
Waveshaper is in the prototyping phase.
- Repairable, hackable, and made to last
- Controls change parameters consistently; no fast or slow regions
- Continuous parameterization of distortion curve; no modes or "voicings"
- Low noise floor even with high gain
- Flat frequency response
- Predictable dynamics
- Left-to-right signal flow on the front panel
- Outputs balanced, line-level signal
- Accepts balanced or unbalanced line-level signal
- Tabletop design; spacious front panel; all knobs are the same size
Waveshaper is 100% copyleft hardware. The KiCad project is checked in
to the Git repository! You are free to do anything with the design,
including manufacture and sell units, provided that
- your changes are shared with the community
- you obtain permission for any trademarks
See the license for more details.