@@ 10,7 10,7 @@ Install Ubuntu with a ZFS filesystem. Should be run from a live USB (unlike the
Install XRDP remote desktop, ssh access, firewall, utility packages, and xfce desktop settings.
Install kubernetes using kubeadm to a node, either the master node or a worker node. The master node must be installed first, which will generate a "kubeadm join" command to be run on the worker nodes.
Install [kubernetes](https://kubernetes.io/) using kubeadm to a node, either the master node or a worker node. The master node must be installed first, which will generate a "kubeadm join" command to be run on the worker nodes.
Common functions for all the scripts, such as output text coloring, error messages, and disk utilities
@@ 21,10 21,6 @@ This script is not working and I have switched to Ubuntu for the setup. If you h
## Future Scripts:
* backup-script-setup.sh -- Install a cron job that backs up the ZFS pool with [syncoid](https://github.com/jimsalterjrs/sanoid) to another location specified by the user.
* k8s-install.sh -- install kubectl, kubeadm, and kubefed packages from [kubernetes](https://kubernetes.io/).
* master-node-setup.sh -- set up a machine as a master node of a cluster and join a federated group of clusters in different locations using kubefed.
* worker-node-setup.sh -- set up a machine as a worker node and join the local cluster with kubeadm as specified by the master node.
* node-setup-common.sh -- a script that holds all the common elements between the worker and master nodes. This should not be called directly, the other scripts will call it as needed.
## Other Ideas
* config files to further automate the setup and to provide the same options to multiple scripts