Here are some miscellanous things I do.
Conlang stands for constructed language. Many people created
conlangs for hobby or as linguistic experiments.
I was inspired by the conlangs in Inheritance Cycle and The Lord of
the Rings, as well as others like Esperanto, Dothraki, Toki Pona, et al and
conlang from time to time as a hobby. None of my conlangs reached its
maturity, though, mainly due to loss of copies and lack of time.
Some of my conlangs:
I'm not the bookworm I used to be, reading mostly mainstream books. Some books
I read and liked:
- Dế Mèn phiêu lưu kí, a famous children book in Vietnamese about an
arrogant cricket who learned humility and altruism during his journey.
- The adventures of Valya and Karik, a Russian children book (my copy
was a Vietnamese translation) about the adventures of shrunken children in
which they learn about small animals around them.
- Sans famille, a story about a child who had to leave his family for
poverty, though now that I think about it, it sounds like children
trafficking and child labor.
- Nineteen Eighty-Four, a dystopian tragedy that is often mistaken as
criticism of socialism, while the actual object is authoritanism and mass
- The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings, the well-known fantasy
- Inheritance Cycle, often labeled as rip-off Star Wars by haters
- Gulliver's Travels, a book that's supposed to be satire but I didn't
know enough to understand these deep meanings.
- Le petit prince, a novella with a childish theme but discuss many
aspects of life in a lighthearted way.
- Ellana (Le Pacte des MarchOmbres series) (French)
Books I'm reading:
- XKCD what if
- A Storm of Swords(A Song of Ice and Fire series)
Here are some project ideas that I have in mind, yet don't have the time to
implement any of them. You'll probably find some drafts, but practically no
work is done:
- a small shop management app
- a modern text browser with vim keybinding
- several non-standard libs:
- a rewrite for
time module in Go
- internalisation modules
- universal internalisation package, which contains common phrases like
"Settings", "Log in", "Account" pre-translated
- redesign this blog
- smaller and more maintainable, more packageable Anki clone
Reading comics is my pastime. I follow several webcomics, some of which you
may have heard of:
I also enjoy drawing every now and then, not that I want to be an artist or I
draw well. I just find scribbling something fun. I recently decided to post
my scribbles on this website.