@@ 0,0 1,38 @@
# Table of Contents
2. [Getting involved](#org3167786)
Atonement is an open-source roguelike set in the Wild West. It is licensed under the GPLv3 license.
Some of its key features include:
- A persistent world - similar to games like Caves of Qud, the world map does not change between runs. What does change, however, is time. Based on the number of turns your previous game lasted, time will have passed in the world. This leads to a more rich world with NPCs leaving children behind to carry on their business, becoming older and changing behavior, and other possibilities I haven’t yet explored.
- A rich crafting system - taking inspiration from Cataclysm: DDA, crafting will be a prevalent part of the game, from cooking to making supplies, you will be able to take the bounty of the world around you and use it to survive.
- Disease and injuries - the Wild West was not the cleanest place, with lots of snake oil salesmen and other miscreants peddling questionable cures. As you play the game, if you don’t take care, you can find yourself fallen victim to any number of diseases. Your injuries will also follow you with the possibility of infection and permanent damage after each combat encounter.
- Targeted combat - during combat you can try to target different body parts of your enemies, and they can do the same to you.
## Getting involved
There are several ways to get involved with the game community:
- For development or to [submit patches](https://git-send-email.io), you can subscribe and post to the [atonement-devel](https://lists.sr.ht/~gloatingfiddle/atonement-devel) mailing list
- To submit bugs, go to [the tracker](https://todo.sr.ht/~gloatingfiddle/Atonement)
- For general questions, you can subscribe and post to the [atonement-discuss](https://lists.sr.ht/~gloatingfiddle/atonement-discuss) mailing list
- To follow more targeted announcements, like releases and changelogs, subscribe to the [atonement-announce](https://lists.sr.ht/~gloatingfiddle/atonement-announce) mailing list