Hosted by sr.ht
These are some of my Unix-y dotfiles. There isn't too much customization, but there are a few notable things:
- I use Wayland as much as possible, my setup is built around Sway and pretty much everything is configured to run on native Wayland.
- I prefer white themes, even for the terminal. Black text on a light background is easier to read! If you insist that white themes make your eyes hurt, I highly recommend installing wlsunset and/or taking breaks occasionally.
These dotfiles are managed using GNU Stow. To install them, run the following commands:
git clone https://gitlab.com/gardenappl/dotfiles.git
stow * --target ~
This should work on pretty much any system as long as you have git and Stow installed.
- fish shell
- Kitty terminal
Other things that these dotfiles rely on:
- bemenu (/usr/bin/dmenu is symlinked to /usr/bin/bemenu)
- Firefox, bombadillo (Gopher and Gemini terminal browser)
- swaylock, swayidle
- glow - Markdown previews
- exa - fancy ls
- LBRY, I2P
- xdg-open, gtk-launch
- aurutils - suckless AUR helper
- aerc - mail client
- wlsunset - Wayland gamma control
- mako - notification manager for Wayland
- pulsemixer, pamixer or amixer
- vifm - file manager
- Font Awesome, Liberation, DejaVu Sans Mono
And probably some others that I'm forgetting right now.
.local/bin contains some tiny scripts which some might find useful.