title: "Buy and sell digital gold - DGX"
date: 2018-04-10 22:00:00 +0350
bg-author: Austin Neill
author: Franz Geffke
#What is DGX?
DGX is an Ethereum based cryptocurrency backed by physical gold stored in Singapore. That means, 1 DGX = 1g (99.99 LBMA) gold which, at the time of writing, is valued at $43.24 USD or 0.1157 ETH.
The advantages are huge:
- Unlike other cryptocurrencies DGX is backed by a physical assets
- Unlike USDT (backed by USD), DGX has no fractional reserves
- DGX can be stored on virtually any Ethereum compatible wallet
- Unlike gold, it's very easy, fast and cheap to transfer DGX
#Where can you buy DGX?
DGX is available trough the Digix Marketplace.
- Registration is straightforward
- DGX may be purchased using ETH (Ethereum) only
- The Digix Marketplace is compatible with the Ledger Nano S
- The current supply is limited to 10,000 DGX (10,000g of gold)
The only exchange that supports DGX as DGX/ETH trading pair is EtherDelta, a decentralized Ethereum & Ethereum token exchange. Unfortunately there's virtually no liquidity.
#How do I sell DGX?
- Have the piece of gold shipped to you (100+ DGX)
A number of new services support DGX: