#The Taliaferro Times Website
Backup Site: https://taliaferro.tk
- Posts are drafted via Forestry.io.
- Website design and site indexing are done locally on development computer.
- Pushed to GitLab for tracking (deployed to backup site).
- Server pulls from GitLab.
- Made public.
See manual.md for an overview of how the website works. See each file in the repository for in-line documentation on the purpose of the file and each item within.
What else does hosting on GitLab mean?
If the newspaper were to lose funding or access to a dedicated provider, it would be a simple matter of setting up GitLab Pages on the repository. Also, the entire site and its generation technique can be easily ported from system to system, site to site, provider to provider.
- [x] Privacy-respecting analytics (Matomo) - Solution: CloudFlare statistics
- [ ] Finish manual.md
- [ ] Add in-line documentation to all relevant files
- [ ] Update About page
- [ ] Update School Resources page
- [ ] Fix author link problems
- [ ] Integrate new image optimisation flow to Forestry
- [ ] Use .webp files for supported browsers
- [ ] Automated means of sending social media & email newsletter notices when new content is posted.