This dockerfile creates containers ready for numeric Python 3 development.
- Uses Anaconda for simpler dependencies
- Mounts a directory from the host to
~/data inside the container
- Publishes a port to the host for accessing a Jupyter Notebook server
- Download an Anaconda installer to
- Copy the
config.example file to
config and edit the
DATA_DIR value to point to a host directory that will be mounted inside the container.
- Run the build script. This will create the docker image.
- Run the create script. This will create a docker container that is pre-configured to mount
DATA_DIR and publish a port on
- Start and attach to the new container.
$ docker start -ai anaconda-py3