@@ 26,3 26,4 @@ here may or may not represent the true views of the people listed.
| [link](./fyne_2020-12-11_minutes.html) | 2020-12-11 | 2.x |
| [link](./fyne_2020-12-18_minutes.html) | 2020-12-18 | 2.x, URI rework, colors, bindings |
| [link](./fyne_2021-01-08_minutes.html) | 2021-01-08 | 2.x, URI rework, forms, blockers |
| [link](./fyne_2021-01-15_minutes.html) | 2021-01-15 | 2.x, blockers, versioning |
@@ 0,0 1,138 @@
# Fyne Call
Present: *Stuart, Andy, Charles, Jacob, Balakrishna*
How should we handle missing colors, icons, etc. with the new theme API?
* Log an error.
* In hints mode, use a gaudy obvious colors to make it obvious.
* Outside of hints mode, try to do something reasonable, so as to minimize visual breakages for peoples applications.
Blockers for 2.0
* [Remove deprecations from v1.4.x and earlier - #1724](https://github.com/fyne-io/fyne/issues/1724)
* Everything is done or has PRs except for TabContainer.
* Andy will put up a PR later.
* File access through the driver has been removed
* People should have been using the public helper method
* [Dialog not resizing in newly created window - #1692](https://github.com/fyne-io/fyne/issues/1692)
* [Menu and PopUp keyboard control - #1647](https://github.com/fyne-io/fyne/issues/1647)
* Tilo landed this recently, though there seem to be some intermittant test failures, possibly a race condition.
* Tilo is hoping the popup keyboard control will land a PR tomorrow.
* Maybe we want to consider removing Blocker from this (keyboard control for popup dialogs)?
* Charles & Stuart: probably not a blocker.
* [Black screen when slide up application on iphone - #1610](https://github.com/fyne-io/fyne/issues/1610)
* Andy: we need to push one more frame of animation after the app goes to the background.
* Andy: will self-assign.
* [Delete/Rename URIs - #1509](https://github.com/fyne-io/fyne/issues/1509)
* Charles: PR is ready except for code review.
Aside: Charles will try to create a tool to search for malformed since/deprecation comments, ideally having it added to staticcheck.
Aside: maybe we should add `-count` to `go test` in our CI to catch race conditions.
* Jacob: we also need to get to the point of being able to use `-race`.
* Andy: this is high priority, but hasn't made it into 2.0.
* Stuart: there is a ticket for this, [#714](https://github.com/fyne-io/fyne/issues/714)
Jacob: possible new blockers:
* [Cursor anim. sometimes distorts the text - #1778](https://github.com/fyne-io/fyne/issues/1778)
* PR open, but seems to have some code quality issues
* *missed this one*
* [Text selection + Tab bug - #1787](https://github.com/fyne-io/fyne/issues/1787)
* Andy: this may not be a new issue
Stuart: different behavior for text in username versus password box (password box makes the popup grow bigger).
* Andy: password constructor is missing a parameter, will open a PR later.
Andy: Open PRs
* [Move back to a more intuitive definition of Focus and primary-like color - #1782](https://github.com/fyne-io/fyne/pull/1782)
* Andy: Focus Color in 1.4 was primary, we have since switched to what Material Design said, then moved it to a muted primary color defined in the theme.
* Andy: focus color is when you have a large area you want to show focus for, for smaller things like the underline in Entry we use primary still.
* [Fix Select appearance - #1773](https://github.com/fyne-io/fyne/pull/1773)
* Expect this to land today or tomorrow.
* [Horizontal scrolling Select widget - #1617](https://github.com/fyne-io/fyne/pull/1617)
* Needs to move to Fyne-X
* [Add Alignment and Wrapping Icons - #784](https://github.com/fyne-io/fyne/pull/784)
* Needs more polish, but could be moved to point for Fyne-X
* Punt on this for now
* [Cleaner init and shutdown - #639](https://github.com/fyne-io/fyne/pull/639)
* Andy: stuck since we weren't sure how to test it, but then the contributor didn't finish it out.
* Jacob: most of this has been fixed already, we should probably just close this out.
* Andy: will close out the PR.
Aside: [WASM code works here](https://github.com/Bluebugs/fyne).
How do we expose more types of widget primitives with a nice high-level API?
* Have a container with an affine transform matrix.
Stuart: we still have a 1.4.X milestone.
* Andy: will make a 2.0.X and move over all the issues.
Jacob: tab animation on tap.
* Andy: would like to see this, but it's probably wider than tabs.
* Jacob: tree needs it as well.
* Traced in [#1776](https://github.com/fyne-io/fyne/issues/1776).
Andy: latest time we can call for a vote is Monday, which gives us 4 days to release on Friday.
Andy: how should we handle versioning a breaking release?
* Do we do the v2 folder thing?
* Specify a branch in the version number (less popular now that modules are available)?
* With modules, we can just tag with the version number.
* We still support versions of Go where people are still using `GOPATH`, since we still support back to 1.12 for now.
* A: copy all the code into a `v2` folder, which doubles the size of the repo and makes maintaining hard.
* B: branch for the 2.x release, and people would need to specifically use that branch if they are using GOPATH.
* C: just merge to master anyway.
* Charles: vote for option C with an LTS branch spiked off for 1.4.X support, strongly against A.
* Stuart: also strongly against A.
* Andy: B is probably a lot of trouble. C is probably the preferable option.
* Andy: should we wait some time between tagging a release and merging to master, to kick the can of breaking all the `GOPATH` users workflows down the road a little while?
* Stuart: do we know how many people are using modules versus paths? Maybe we should use a poll?
* Adrian: if people are using `GOPATH`, wouldn't they be vendoring anyway?
* Andy: Adrian and Bala, do you have opinions?
* Adrian: would go straight for option C, people using it serious should have a fork or use vendoring.
* Bala: would prefer faster updates, would also go straight for C.
Charles: how much is really going to break that hasn't already been deprecated for some time?
* Andy: all of the examples in the book were written against 1.4, and in final review moved to 2.0.
* The coordinate system moving to float from int was the biggest hangup.
* Custom themes have changed. `settings.SetTheme()` couldn't follow a deprecation path.
* A parameter has been removed from themed resources, which was unused since 1.2.
* Some other things may break that were either deprecated for a long time, or documented as incorrect API usage.
* Stuart: anyone who made a custom theme and has been bitten will probably be happy, since custom themes are much easier now.
Aside - Charles: should move hex widget into fyne-X.
Stuart: [Add Submit Callback to Entry - #1683](https://github.com/fyne-io/fyne/issues/1683)
* Andy: the work is done for this (landed in [#1723](https://github.com/fyne-io/fyne/pull/1723)), except for mobile and form.
* In form, it should either move to the next item, or submit the form for the last entry.
* Andy: if we have time, we can land this in 2.0.
* Stuart: let's punt to 2.X.Y
* Andy: this wouldn't be changing any APIs, so we could put this into a point release.
Adrian: should we consider just rewriting FileDialog and replacing it with ResourceDialog?
* Andy: I don't think there is a need to do this.
Returning to the "favorites/pinned" discussion - Stuart will open a proposal.