Newspipe is a web-based news
aggregator and reader.
For reporting issues, visit the tracker here:
For contributions, use the mailing list to send your patches:
Newspipe is written in Python. The core technologies are
- multiple users can use a Newspipe instance;
- an API to manage your feeds (you can connect your own crawler);
- data liberation: export and import your account with a JSON file;
- export and import feeds with OPML files;
- search and favorite articles;
- detection of inactive feeds;
- share on Pinboard and reddit;
- management of bookmarks (with import from Pinboard).
Newspipe is really easy to deploy.
$ sudo apt-get install postgresql npm
#Configure and install the application
$ git clone https://git.sr.ht/~cedric/newspipe
$ cd newspipe/
$ poetry install
$ npm install
$ cp newspipe/conf/conf.cfg-sample newspipe/conf/conf.cfg
$ poetry shell
$ python newspipe/manager.py db_create
$ python newspipe/runserver.py
* Running on http://0.0.0.0:5000/ (Press CTRL+C to quit)
Newspipe is under the
GNU Affero General Public License version 3.