#A simple Python news aggregator.
pyAggr3g470r is a news aggregator with a web interface
based on CherryPy. Articles are stored in a MongoDB base.
A documentation is available here.
- articles are stored in a MongoDB database (local or remote);
- HTTP proxy support;
- fast full-text indexing and searching thanks the Whoosh library;
- e-mail notification;
- export articles to HTML, EPUB, PDF or raw text;
- favorite articles;
- language detection;
- share articles with Diaspora, Google +, Pinboard, Identi.ca, Digg, reddit, Scoopeo, and Blogmarks;
- generation of QR codes with URLs of articles.
Python 3.3 is recommended (better performances with large collections).
These modules are not required but enables more features:
- guess_language and PyEnchant for the language detection;
- lxml and Genshi for the generation of EPUB;
- Pillow (friendly fork of Python Imaging Library) for the generation of QR codes.
If you want to backup your database:
$ /etc/init.d/mongodb stop
$ cp /var/lib/mongodb/pyaggr3g470r.* ~
If you wish and if you like pyAggr3g470r, you can donate via bitcoin 1GVmhR9fbBeEh7rP1qNq76jWArDdDQ3otZ.
pyAggr3g470r is under GPLv3 license.
My home page.