Newspipe is a web-based news
aggregator and reader.
For reporting issues, visit the tracker here:
- can be easily deployed on Heroku or on your server;
- multiple users can use a Newspipe instance;
- a RESTful API to manage your articles (or connect your own crawler);
- data liberation: export and import all your account with a JSON file;
- export and import feeds with OPML files;
- favorite articles;
- detection of inactive feeds;
- Pinboard and reddit;
- personal management of bookmarks (with import from Pinboard).
The core technologies are Flask,
A documentation is available here and
provides different ways to
Test Newspipe on Heroku:
It is important to specify an application name and the URL of your instance
(PLATFORM_URL) through the Heroku form.
$ sudo apt-get install postgresql npm
Configure and install the application
$ git clone https://git.sr.ht/~cedric/Newspipe
$ cd newspipe/
$ pipenv install
$ npm install
$ cp src/conf/conf.cfg-sample src/conf/conf.cfg
$ pipenv shell
$ python src/manager.py db_create
$ python src/runserver.py
* Running on http://0.0.0.0:5000/ (Press CTRL+C to quit)
Newspipe is under the
GNU Affero General Public License version 3.