This is a fork of Half-Shot's matrix-appservice-discord with many features and improvements.
- [<-->] Spoiler text formatting
- [D->M] Edits are bridged as edits
- [D->M] Replies are implemented
- [M->D] Replies are vastly improved, and they mention the person that was replied to
- [D->M] Formatting of embeds is vastly improved
- [M->D] Writing plaintext @mentions will be bridged as mentions
- [M->D] Writing plaintext :emojis: will render as images on discord-side
- [M->D] Newline and link bridging improvements
These are all issues on Half-Shot's version too. Some of them are lessened on this fork.
- Discord media tagged as spoiler will be displayed normally on Matrix
- Discord large files may not be displayed on Matrix (ideally they would be linked instead)
- Matrix spoilered text may not be conveyed correctly (this may be fixed now?)
- Very occasionally, Discord messages are sent through twice
#Running this code
See Half-Shot's repo for setup instructions. They are the same.
#Software license, sharing, and redistribution
My code uses the Apache 2.0 license, with additional restrictions:
- Anyone who interacts with a bridge running this software must be able to obtain a copy of the bridge's source code upon request. The host of the bridge must make the source code available and offer it to people who ask for it.
- These restrictions must be preserved and reproduced in any software that uses my code or modifications of my code.
The bridge's original code uses the Apache 2.0 license.