#System Setup and Configuration
#Ubuntu MATE 18.04 / Linux Mint DE4(ish)
This is the process for Ubuntu MATE, but the Cinnamon desktop is close enough
to MATE that the process for LMDE4 is almost the same.
#Update Mouse and Trackpad Settings
- Goto Menu -> Mouse -> Touchpad
- Uncheck 'Enable mouse clicks with touchpad'
- Set 'Two-finger click emulation:' to 'Right button'
- Check 'Enable natural scrolling'
#Update Terminal Settings
- Open mate-terminal
- Goto Edit -> Profile Preferences -> General
- Uncheck 'Terminal bell'
- Uncheck 'Show menubar by default in new terminals'
- Set font to 'Ubuntu Mono Regular' size 16
- Goto Edit -> Profile Preferences -> Scrolling
- Set 'Scrollbar is:' to 'Disabled'
- Set 'Scrollback:' to 'Unlimited' by checking the 'Unlimited' box
- Goto Edit -> Keyboard Shortcuts and disable everything except:
- Copy = Shift+Ctrl+C
- Paste = Shift+Ctrl+V
- Full Screen = Shift+Ctrl+F11
- Hide and Show menubar = Shift+Ctrl+F12
- Zoom In = Ctrl++
- Zoom Out = Ctrl+_
#Update Keyboard Shortcuts
- Goto Menu -> Keyboard Shortcuts.
- Disable pretty much everything from 'Desktop' down by clicking an item
and then entering when asked to rebind the shortcut.
- Set the following predefined shorcuts:
- Lock Screen = Ctrl+Alt+L
- Take a screenshot = Print
- Run a terminal Ctrl+Alt+T
- Move between windows, using a popup window = Alt+Tab
- Switch to workspace left of the current workspace = Ctrl+Alt+Left
- Switch to workspace right of the current workspace = Ctrl+Alt+Right
- Maximize window = Mod4+Up
- Tile window to east (right) side of screen = Mod4+Right
- .................... (left) side of screen = Mod4+Left
- ................ (top left) side of screen = Ctrl+Mod4+Up
- ............... (top right) side of screen = Alt+Mod4+Up
- ............. (bottom left) side of screen = Ctrl+Mod4+Down
- ............ (bottom right) side of screen = Alt+Mod4+Down
- Move window one workspace to the left = Shift+Ctrl+Alt+Left
- Move window one workspace to the right = Shift+Ctrl+Alt+Right
#Change Caps Lock to Escape (MATE DE)
- Goto Menu -> Keyboard -> Layouts.
- Select 'English (US)' and click 'Options...'.
- From the popup menu goto 'Caps Lock Behavior' and select 'Make Caps Lock an
#Uninstall Default Bloat