#Orange Vegetable Soup
Serves 2. Don't mix green veg with orange veg, unless you want your soup to be a nice brown colour.
- 1 onion
- 1 stick celery
- chicken/vegetable stock
Vegetables (pick 2 or 3):
- butternut squash
- sweet potatoes
- an apple
- red lentils
- potato (sparingly) to thicken
Spices (pick 0 or 1):
- turmeric, cumin, paprika, or chilli powder
- Fry up onion and celery in the saucepan for 5 or 10 minutes (allow them to soften, not crisp).
- Chop the vegetables into smallish chunks.
- Add the vegetables, stock, and spices, and some salt and pepper.
- Add water to cover the vegetables.
- Boil for 20 mins.
- Blend (or mash if possible).
- Taste. Add something sharp if too bland (creme fraiche, soy, worchester sauce).