@@ 0,0 1,63 @@
# Sunday roast (WIP)
The night before: salt the beef generously on all sides, cover with plastic,
and put in the fridge.
1. Take the beef out of the fridge.
2. Start pre-heating the oven to 190C fan.
3. Prepare the trivet: Wash and roughly chop the veggies (1 onion, 1 carrot,
1 stick celery). Crush 1/2 bulb garlic. Arrange in a baking tray with 1/2
pack of thyme and 1/2 pack rosemary.
4. Coat the beef in olive oil, salt, and pepper
5. Sear all four sides in a frying pan then place on the trivet.
6. Deglaze the frying pan with red wine and pour into the trivet. It should
be about 1cm deep.
7. Insert the thermometer probe and put it all in the oven.
1. Peel and chop 2 carrots and a parsnip and put them in a mixing bowl.
2. Pour over 1 tbsp olive oil, salt, and pepper, and stir to coat.
3. Onto a baking tray and into the over for 30 mins.
The beef and the veggies will probably be done around the same time. Let the
beef rest on a plate. After carving, pour the juices back into the trivet.
1. Up the oven to 200C fan.
1. Peel 6 medium potatoes and chop into reasonable pieces.
2. Par-boil the potatoes for 10 mins in salted water.
3. 20g butter and 1tbsp olive oil into onto a baking tray and into the oven
briefly to melt the butter.
4. Strip the leaves off 1/2 pack rosemary and 1/2 pack thyme and throw into
5. When the potatoes are done, let them steam in the collander for a minute
6. Shake the collander to bash them up.
7. Coat them in butter and herbs
8. Into the oven for 35 mins
9. Squashing them down with a potato masher until they "pop", turn them over,
and then back in for another 15 mins
1. Fill the top two sections of a cupcake tin with canola oil and tip it to
distribute the oil evenly between all the sections.
3. Into the oven for 15 minutes so the oil gets really hot.
4. Beat 2 eggs and 100ml milk in a mixing bowl.
5. Sift in 100g flour and a pinch of salt and pepper and beat until smooth.
6. Pour into a jug.
7. Remove the tray from the oven and confidently pour in the batter.
8. Back in the oven for 15 minutes.
1. Pour the contents of the trivet into a saucepan.
2. Add 500ml water.
3. Blend with an imersion blender.
4. Bring to a boil.
5. Add boullion if necessary.
6. Strain into a gravy boat.